Friday, September 30, 2011
On the results show Mary J Blige will be performing. She's good. There'll be a tribute to "The Twist" and to "Gone with the Wind" (week after next is "Movie Week").
Then someone will be going home!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
The two hour results show continues. Except the first hour is a countdown to the Live Results show, which is the second hour.
There were some good pieces among the filler, most notably Kym Johnson to David Arquette: "You keep looking at my boobs!" when he wasn't paying attention.
Demi Lovato sang a lovely song and The Script performed too.
The final three left were Chaz, Elisabetta and David. Tom Bergeron made the point that the last two would be the actual bottom two.
And Chaz and Lacey were safe. Does that imply they weren't the third lowest couple?
And Elisabetta and Val were eliminated. Despite improving significantly from last week in terms of judges' scores and just dancing better, Elisabetta still didn't get the votes she needed. I'm still not quite sure why she was one the show to be honest. Val will be missed.
Note that David was the second lowest, so he's going to have to do better next week!
Monday, September 26, 2011
As you can guess Len wasn't very happy this week. It wasn't so much that people were "messin' abaht" it was more directed at the choreography.
This week some people did better than I expected, some did better than I hoped and some did slightly worse.
Here are the judges' scores:
- Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - 19 - didn't get much practice in because of a game. I thought she was good but kept forgetting the steps.
- Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas - 22 - much better than last week
- David Arquette & Kym Johnson - 18 - he had fun
- Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy - 21 - very much better than last week
- Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke - 21 - Rob seemed to settle down a bit better this week
- Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya - 18 - Carson can't dance
- Ricki Lake & Derek Hough - 23 - very good Jive. Derek is obviously a good teacher
- Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer - 17 - this was the slowest Quickstep ever. Chaz was injured (knees) and was obviously uncomfortable.
- Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani - 21 - Chynna was conservative but still impressive
- Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus - 21 - she was much better than last week and I actually quick liked her footwork
- J. R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff - 22 - JR gave the best performance but Carrie Ann marked them down for a lift, and Len marked them down because he said it was a Lindy Hop
JR, Chynna and Ricki are still my picks for the finals.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Someone called "The Script" (never heard of them, but I'm sure they're very good) will sing a couple of songs, accompanied by "DWTS" returning pros Dmitry Chaplin and Chelsie Hightower. (I missed them).
Then someone will go home!
Which Glee Star Is Saying "Yes!" to Dancing With the Stars?
Today 6:15 AM PDT by Marc Malkin and Brett Malec
Getty ImagesJane Lynch may be saying "never" to a stint on Dancing With the Stars, but another Glee performer wouldn't mind giving it a twirl.
One of the show's big-time guests says that they haven't been asked to be on DWTS, but that may change after producers read this story.
So who's the mirror-ball champ wannabe? Is it Glee Emmy winner Gwyneth Paltrow? Or maybe How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris? Oh, perhaps hip-hop diva Eve? Read on to find out...
It's Kristin Chenoweth!
"Sure!" the blond beauty told us earlier this week at a signing of her new CD, Some Lessons Learned, in L.A. when we asked if she'd ever do DWTS. "Hopefully, it'll last for years and years and years and before I'm dead they'll say, 'Hey Kris, you want to come on and do some dancing?'"
She would be great!"I love the show," she said. "My parents got me involved, how sad is that?...But I like to see people challenge themselves and get better and improve...or not."
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Ah Results Show. I haven't missed you. It just feels like I'm wasting an hour (well, 58 minutes) of my life, but if I just tuned in at the end it would feel like cheating.
This week we had Harry Connick jr (great guy) and LMFAO, who turned out to be quite good even thought the lyrics of their first song sounded like a "Benny Hill" script. Bruno and Carrie Ann were dancing on the judges' table to their second song - one of then had their shirt off!
Anyway to get back to RESULTS, they had the stars split into four groups to learn their fates. Skipping to the end we had Rob, Metta and Nancy.
Rob was safe.
And Metta and Peta were going home. He would have been fun, but someone had to go. Nancy looked a little shell-shocked!
Monday, September 19, 2011
Basketball player Ron Artest & Peta Murgatroyd - 14
Reality star Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke - 16
Reality star Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas - 19
Singer Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani - 22
News Correspondent Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus - 16
Actor David Arquette & Kym Johnson - 18
Actress and model Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy - 15
Soccer player Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - 21
Reality star Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya - 17
Actor and hero J. R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff - 22
Actress and talk show host Ricki Lake & Derek Hough - 20
Son of Cher Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer - 17
The voting seemed a little on the low side, but there was no inconsistency between the couples.One couple goes home tomorrow!
The first will be an hour-long "Dancing with the Stars: Meet the Cast" which will have highlights from the performances and commentary. Hopefully they'll be doing the hidden microphone stuff again.
Then at 9pm it's the first Results Show! I'd rather each contestant performed twice before they left (it seems so much work to only dance once!) I'm not a fan of the Results Show - it can drag so much - but the ones earlier in the season tend to be more interesting.
As well as long pregnant pauses, Harry Connick Jr will be performing - I like him.
Also appearing will be LMFAO. I haven't come across these people before but I'm sure they'll be very good even though their name is probably a little outdated!
The order on the show is normally the order of the numbers although that can change at the last minute.
- Ron Artest & Peta Murgatroyd 1 800 868 3401
- Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke 1 800 868 3402
- Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas 1 800 868 3403
- Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani 1 800 868 3404
- Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus 1 800 868 3405
- David Arquette & Kym Johnson 1 800 868 3406
- Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy 1 800 868 3407
- Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy 1 800 868 3408
- Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya 1 800 868 3409
- J. R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff 1 800 868 3410
- Ricki Lake & Derek Hough 1 800 868 3411
- Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer 1 800 868 3412
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Interview with Nancy Grace about DWTS.
"I was en route to the courtroom in the car," Nancy said, "and at first, I thought I was getting punk'd. That someone had somehow gotten the Time Warner CNN cell number and was kidding me about doing 'Dancing With the Stars.'"