Monday, May 17, 2010

Dancing with the Stars Semifinal Judges' Scores

Week 9 of Dancing with the Stars had the final four couples perform twice - a Ballroom round and a Latin round.

I have to say the quality and passion of the dances contributed to one of the best DWTS shows I have seen (and Tom agreed with me!).

Here are the scores:

Erin Andrews & Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Viennese Waltz/Paso Doble) - 27 & 29 = 56
Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough (Argentine Tango/Cha-Cha) - 30 & 29 = 59
Chad Ochocinco & Cheryl Burke (Waltz/Samba) - 27 & 25 = 52
Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya (Foxtrot/Paso Doble) - 29 & 30 = 59

  • Erin danced beautifully in the Waltz, and was almost perfect in the Paso.  She and Maks definitely have chemistry.
  • Nicole and Derek should have got 60, but Len is a grump.
  • Chad is definitely the most improved, and I thought the judges were harsh on his Samba.  He jumped on the "take off your shirt" bandwagon.  Hey - if it works, jump on it!
  • Evan was showing his personality a little more this week and it helped.  I felt the Paso was a little stilted, but I'm not a dancing judge, I prefered their foxtrot.
Chad was in the bottom two last week, and has the lowest score this week.  However, Tom shared that all four contestants had received the most viewer votes at some time this season.  Erin was in the bottom two a couple of weeks ago - it's so complicated!

I would like to see Chad stay, but I suspect he is most likely to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment