Friday, July 16, 2010

Tony Dovolani Wants to Win!

Reality personality and mother of 8 Kate Gosselin shows off a new, goofier side of herself as she attends Discovery Channel's Life Premiere in NYC, NY on March 4, 2010 with soon to be Dancing With the Stars partner Tony Dovolani. While Gosselin admitted Dovolani was not Gosselins first choice for DWTS season 10, they seem to have hit it off, showing their undeniable chemistry that can only grown as the two plan on rehearsing in the private quarters of Gosselin's family house. Could sparks fly, and jealousy brew from Gosselin's alleged lover/bodyguard, Steve Neild? Time will only tell. Fame Pictures, Inc
Fan favorite (well, mine anyway), Tony Dovolani, tells People that he wants a more able partner next season.
"I enjoyed every bit of last season — well, most of it, I mean.  Next season I would like to have a more able partner, someone who doesn’t have so many distractions in their life. The producers know how I feel.” 
Aside from the implied criticism of Kate Gosselin, it made me wonder if Tony has been hard done by in previous seasons.  Here's how he's done to date:

Season 2: Stacey Keibler, 3rd
Season 3: Sara Evans, withdrew
Season 4: Leeza Gibbons, 9th
Season 5: Jane Seymour, 6th
Season 6: Marissa Jaret Winokour, 4th
Season 7: Susan Lucci, 6th
Season 8: Melisa Rycroft (substitute for Nancy O'Dell), 3rd
Season 9: Kathy Ireland, 14th
Season 10: Kate Gosselin, 8th

Compared to some of the others I don't think he has such bad partners.  But he definitely hasn't had the partners Derek and Mark have enjoyed.  I'd also say that Jonathan Roberts has been treated worse.

The thing that sticks out for me is that he almost always seems to get women in their 30s or older.  Beautiful, middle-aged women are wonderful but they are less likely to win DWTS (except Brooke Burke, I guess!).  He hasn't had a Mya, Nicole Scherzinger, Shawn Johnson or Sabrina Bryan.  I guess the producers have decided he is a good fit for older women.

What do you think?  Should Tony get a bright young thing next season?

1 comment:

  1. I think he should. If you notice Derek has never finished lower than fourth or fifth. I'm sorry, and Derek is a talented dancer but that's wrong. They need to quit giving him ringers (and by him and I mean Derek). Mark has had one bad partner, Kim K. I think Tony and Jonathan really should be given ringers for next couple seasons because it's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete