Friday, September 10, 2010

Betting Odds for Dancing with the Stars Season 11

The cast has been announced, they are busy practicing (apart from The Situation) and various experts and commentators are giving their opinion on who's going to win.

Most of the time the betting odds are the best guide for who the champions will be (or at least who'll be in the final 3) because money is involved and the bookies look at the competition impartially.

Here are the odds at the moment:
  • Jennifer Grey +200
  • Brandy +250
  • Rick Fox +500
  • Audrina Patridge +600
  • Mike Sorrentino +700
  • David Hasselhoff +800
  • Michael Bolton +1500
  • Kurt Warner +2000
  • Bristol Palin +2500
  • Kyle Massey +2500
  • Margaret Cho +2500
  • Florence Henderson +5000
(Example: $1 on Jennifer Grey will get you $2 plus your original $1. Source: gambling911.com)

Jennifer Grey and Brandy have emerged as the two firm favorites.  There is then a groups of four - Rick, Audrina, The Sitch and The Hoff - who have a good chance, and the rest have effectively been written off.

I can't say I'm particularly surprised at any of the odds.  I would have though The Hoff would have been at lower odds, and that Bristol and Florence would have had even longer odds.

What do you think?  is it a two horse race, or will someone like Margaret Cho surprise us all?

2 comments:

  1. I think Jennifer's not going to do a as well as people think. She's 50 and she hasn't danced in a long time. I think she'll make at least 6th because of people voting for Derek. I'm placing my money (if I had any LOL) on Audrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire Jennifer Grey for having the guts to go back dancing on DWTS for her former co-star.

    ReplyDelete