This week, each couple dances to the music from someone's favorite TV show (they never really defined who "someone" is...).
Did Jennifer continue to dominate? Rick continue to be tall? Kyle continue to smile?
Here are the judges' scores from week 5:
- Brandy and Maks - Quickstep - "Friends" - 27. Brandy's smile lends itself to feel good music and this was a very smooth yet energetic performance.
- Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas - Tango - "The Brady Bunch" - 21. You knew they were going to do this show, but I didn't think it would be a Tango! It was a pretty good performance, but there wasn't anything about it that stood out either.
- Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya - Quickstep - "Bewitched" - 24. Even though he made mistakes, Kurt exuded confidence and started to lead and control the dance.
- Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani - Rumba - "The Hills" - 23. A strange choice of TV theme but I guess it has a connection. This was a pretty forgettable performance with Carrie Ann referencing that fact that Audrina was 'still and dead" on top
- Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer - Foxtrot - "Charlie's Angels" - 20. A disco-themed Foxtrot was very, very entertaining...and Len hated it. Doing the same thing he criticized Bruno for with Michael Bolton, he said he hated it and never gave any positive feedback. Only 5 of the 20 points were from him!
- Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke - Rumba - "Hill Street Blues" - 24. Rick still looks like a stick insect when dancing but proved tonight he had grace.
- Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas - Jive - "The Monkees" - 18. The Jive isn't really Bristol's thing. The judges were very kind and Len went so far to say he thought the monkey suits were a good idea.
- Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough - Foxtrot - "Married with Children" - 25. Len thought it was too theatrical, Bruno sort of agreed. This was a very well done dance and I thought it was a bit unfair to criticize the theatricalness (my word) when the producers insist on having theme nights! A fair score though.
So, we have a new could atop the leader board - Brandy and Max, a clear last place couple - Bristol and Mark and proof that Jennifer Grey might not run away with it.
Bristol, Kyle, and Florence seem most at risk but we have no real idea on how many votes each get from the viewers.