Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Do People REALLY Think of Bristol Palin Being in the Dancing with the Stars Final?

47070, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Thursday November 4
The shock elimination of Brandy, and the perhaps even more shocking fact that Bristol Palin is in the finals, has set the interwebs abuzzin'.

My friend has a page Squidoo page dedicated to DWTS and there have been quite a few comments!

I've gone through and extracted some of the more interesting quotes. I don't always include the whole quote, and I haven't corrected any grammar or spelling. (Check out the most up to date comments here.)

Pro-Bristol
  • I`m big fan of Bristol. I love you kid. Show them who you are.I`ve never interested in this show. Right now it is such a nice show. Because of the Bristol.
Anti-Bristol
  • DWT has written it's death warrant with this last charade of voting. The show this season has stunk since day one. Time for every one on show start looking for new jobs. what a hosing for Brandy
  • … im sorry but i have to admit that miss bristol palin, although she really displayed her best, does not have that ferocity of a dancer.
  • …Next year they can suck the big one. This is not about who can dance, it is about who is more popular.
  • …Bristol, sweetie, they're making you look like an idiot...so sad! I'm starting to feel sorry for you.
  • …If Bristol wins we will never watch this show again, even if she is second.
  • ...Bristol give up your spot and give it to Brandy if you want to do something good for man kind
  • …I'm also going to write to each sponsor. As of now the show has crossed the line and let politics into a once good show. May you not come back for season12
  • I voted for Brandy and Maksim, they deserved to go to the Finals...the phonelines were rigged to obscure the voting process; besides I'm a Democrat anyway!!!
  • …I AM NOT WATCHING THIS SHOW ANYMORE. I'll watch anything else....cartoons…
  • … we all need to boycott this show until sanity can be restored. no more phone votes.
  • …I believe this show to be a farce and should be an embarrassment to the Americans, I guess they can be bought in every contest. Will have troubled even following any of their shows now.,
  • …"little miss 2 left feet"…
  • …Dancing on mommy's coat tails. Bristol should be embarrassed getting this far
  • … I thought DWTS is a dancing competition,not a clown show…
  • I did not see Alaska from my window!!!!!!!
  • …Good luck, Jennifer, you're the only qualified contestant remaining. Quick, change your name to Jennifer Palin.
  • …is it just me or have the judges lost their minds this season. Are they afraid of mommie Palin?
I actually overstated the relative number of pro-Bristol sentiments, but you get the idea.

Open disclosure – I think the aim is to identify the best couple and what order the others are eliminated is (somewhat) secondary. Would I prefer the best dancers in the final? Absolutely! Do I think Bristol deserves to be there? Definitely not!

As long as she doesn't win I can live with it…

4 comments:

  1. Dude, you are all stupid. People are obviously for Bristol. That is how DWTS is set up. 50% judges votes, 50% audience. Tom Bergeron says at the end of every e
    episode. "Vote for your favorite"

    Bristols waltz was very moving. She's not that bad. I'd like to see any of you commenters on the show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bristol's dancing on Monday night was her best and most beautiful to date. Had Rick Fox not been cut too early we'd have seen him grow to become an outstanding dancer. Or Audrina who I had voted for until HER shocking departure. Kurt was getting better. Nearly every person that started the show deserve to be where Bristol is now. I would feel some sympathy for her because it's not really her fault, but her comments about not being Hollywood and fake, and her claims that she deserves it because unlike others she had no previous dance experience. She's not really a star but everyone seemed cool with that. On Monday night she was bleeped dropping an f-bomb and her attack on a kid on Facebook with her younger sister filled with profanity and homophobic slurs was completely uncalled for. She has no business acting as an example for our youth. I really hope that the show finds a way to make this right because it's completely unethical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bristol does not deserve to be in the finals and should have the honesty to withdraw in favor of Brandy, but this will never happen because she isn't that upstanding an individual. She is believing her own press clippings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night was the second biggest travesty of this season of DWTS. The biggest will be next week when she wins. At least maybe she will be judged as harshly as all of the other contestants in the finals for the FIRST time this season...but probably not! Call it a conspiracy or just idiocy in a quest for ratings and revenue. Sad that ABC destroys a franchise in the process. Bristol made it through this season with a separate easy judging scale, a combination of tea party and hater vote groups log jamming the voting systems with their robodialers so no one else can get through, and blatant ABC promotion, witnessed by the Palin promo piece that ran on GMA 3 hours before voting closed on Monday. NONE of the other contestants have had that help. They just had to dance well. Something Sanjaya Palin can NOT do! The funniest thing I've seen since Monday was the leak of who next season's contestants will be...Christine O'Donnel, Sharon Angle, John Boener, and the Bush Twins. After this debacle of a season the only people left watching will be tea partiers

    ReplyDelete