Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dancing with the Stars 12 - The Couples are (Officially) Announced

The pairings are up for the SWTS 2001 season and we're ready to race!

Here are the couples:

Men

Women
Initially I was underwhelmed by the celebrity cast but I think they're going to grow on me.

Kirstie and Maks will be fun to watch, although I'm not sure how well Kirstie will do.  Kendra is the early favorite and "erotic" models have done well (Brooke Burke, Kelly Monaco).  "Fashion" models haven't been too successful though (Kathy Ireland, Josie Maran) which doesn't bode well for Petra.  Chelsea will have a youthful following and Wendy Williams seems pretty popular.

On the men's side Hines will have the football advantage and Chuck Liddell did OK so I would expect Chris Jericho to last to mid-season at least.  Romeo will have rhythm (given he's a musician) and is athletic so he should last.  Ralph Macchio seems to have a bit of a following.  I have no idea about Mike Catherwood.  Sugar Ray Leonard is a really nice guy and has good footwork, but Floyd Mayweather was a little disappointing when he danced.

It's starting to get fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment