Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 5 - 80s Night Scores (Spoiler)

A now Chynna-less DWTS moves into 80s week. 

We had the Bangles, some good tunes and some silly outfits.

Ahh, the 80s.


I was a bit disappointed actually, it could have been so much more over the top.  But then anything compared to Movie Night would be restrained.

Here are the judges' scores:
  • Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Tango - 24 - the judges' comments seemed to be inconsistent but boiled down to don't force it too much.  I thought she wasn't aggressive enough.  Funny eh? 
  • Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya - Jive - 19 - so what that he kept forgetting the steps, it was fun!
  • Nancy Grace and Tristan McManus - Rumba - 22 - Tristan did his usual "I don't care what the theme is, we're just going to dance"-thing and it was successful again.  I think gimmicks won't work with Nancy.  A nice dance.
  • JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff - Samba - 28 - He's just a really good dancer.
  • Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke - Rumba - 25 - I don't buy it.  Rob seemed a little lacking in confidence to me, the judges' scores and comments seemed a bit generous.
  • Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer - Samba - 21 - Chaz is starting to enjoy himself but should be better than this at this stage of the competition.
  • David Arquette and Kym Johnson - Tango - 25 - nice Tango to "Tainted Love" - didn't see that one coming
  • Ricki Lake and Derek Hough - Foxtrot - 24 - I didn't realize it was a Foxtrot until Len mentioned it.  I think Derek was just having fun.  I'd be careful though - the viewers' voting has been wacky this season.
With the shocks so far it's pretty wide open as to who is in danger, with only JR really safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment