Saturday, April 14, 2012

Guy Gets Flooded With Dancing With The Stars Voting Calls

Egg Harbor -

Next Monday, fans nationwide will be calling in once again to vote for Donald Driver as he competes in week five of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.

But for one Egg Harbor man, it will be week five of his own home phone ringing off the hook.

For four Mondays in a row now, Jeff Paschke's rural Door County home has been flooded with phone calls between 7 and 10 p.m.

"I picked up the phone and you know, 'Voting for Donald Driver!" Paschke said, imitating the caller. "And that's when I say, 'This is not Dancing with the Stars!"

The number to vote for Donald Driver is 1 (800) 868-3403.

The Paschke residence is (920) 868-3403.

The last seven digits are the same.

So when people nearby forget to dial 1-800, his phone rings.

Paschke says every season he gets a few calls, but this year, "I was watching it the first night knowing that Donald was on there, and he came out, as the third one coming out, his number was 3-4-0-3," he said. "And I'm like, 'Ohh boy, here we go. I wonder how many calls I'm going to get."

He got a whopping 76 calls for week three. He got 67 last week, all within the three-hour voting period. He knows because he has kept track of each call and its location in a notebook.

"I do have call waiting so when I am with one, all of a sudden another one comes beeping in... I hang up on one and I've got another call on the line," Paschke said.

He has gotten calls from as far away as De Pere, which means people are actually dialing the 920 area code instead of 1-800.

But Paschke is finding the humor behind it all because it's just temporary.

Though, he does want to remind viewers: "Make sure you dial the 1-800, you know?"

It might be a good indicator of how well Donald is doing!

1 comment:

  1. The fact that he lives in Wisconsin would make it even worse!! Cause I am sure most Packers fans are voting for Donald. Poor guy!! Just unplug your phone for those 3 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete