Monday, April 30, 2012

Scores from Classical Night on Dancing with the Stars

Classical night! The band don't get the night off but they are augmented by an orchestra. I didn't like Classical Night last season. It's not as bad as Rock Night but I don't think the genre really fits.  We'll see what tonight brings!

The couples will dance once, and then perform a team dance.

To the scores:

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas - Rumba - 27 - Well. That was the strangest Rumba ever! Not saying it was bad but it was just so strange. It was like Greek Gods slow wrestling. Well, Len thought it was great. Bruno would rather have it raunchier, but technically it was superb. Carrie Ann felt it was a little false.

Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Argentine Tango - 21 - Maks has a boo-boo on his foot. Melissa had to practice with Val during the week. I think Melissa and Maks are good. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one who thinks that. Bruno thought it wasn't too good. Carrie Ann thought it was like Cirque de Soleil. Len thought some of it was good, lacked some quality. Melissa didn't seem to believe what they were saying.

William Levy and Cheryl Burke - Argentine Tango - 27 - lovely, but like Katherine and Mark it had the feeling of cheap ballet. I really don't like Classical night. The judges (rightly) liked it.

Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower - Argentine Tango - 25 - Roshon was trying to be more manly and he accomplished it in the main. Good performance. I got a five second blackout on my TV so I don't know if there was a wardrobe malfunction.  After some sterling detective work I think there was a camera shot from above that looked right down Chelsie's dress.

Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd - Viennese Waltz - 27 - Now that's better! A lovely waltz. It just the tango that doesn't go with the music! (For me anyway!) Bruno said thank you. Carrie Ann didn't see a lift. Len thought it was terrific.

Maria Menounos and Derek Hough - Paso Doble - 30 - Okay, so Maria has plastic teeth in and is pretending to be a vampire... She gave him a big bite at the end! Bit silly really, but a great performance. That didn't suck says Carrie Ann. Sharp as a razor said Len. Bruno wants to be turned.

Jaleel White and Kym Johnson - Viennese Waltz - 24 - Eh. Strange waltz if you ask me. Bit boring. Len thought it had a nice feel to it but no footwork. Bruno said lots of stuff. Carrie Ann said his hands were "fringy".

On to the team dances.

Team Tango are Katherine/Mark, Maria/Derek, Roshon/Chelsie, Jaleel/Kym. That Tango went with the music. I'm just a philistine I guess. Very good performance. Len said Roshon and Maria were good, Katherine and Jaleel not so much. Team Tango scored 27.

Team Paso - William/Cheryl, Donald/Peta, Melissa/Maks. Ride of the Valkyries! I have to say they looked a little tired. But I enjoyed it more than the Tango I think. The music was brilliant! The shirtless men gave Bruno a thrill by sitting on the judges table. The audience loved it. Bruno loved it. Not sure about the other two.  Team Paso scored 26. Audience wasn't happy.

Well, an entertaining evening I must admit.  Some controversy as always!  Here are the final scores for each couple:

Maria/Derek - 30 & 27 = 57
Katherine/Mark - 27 & 27 = 54
Donald/Peta - 27 & 26 = 53
William/Cheryl - 27 & 26 = 53
Roshon/Chelsie - 25 & 27 = 52
Jaleel/Kym - 24 & 27 = 51
Melissa/Maks - 21 & 26 = 47

4 comments:

  1. Disagree with you about the team dances. I enjoyed Team Tango a lot more than Team Paso. Also, the whole bit on the end of Maria and Derek's Paso was not silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the song was from Romeo and Juliette, yes it was silly

      Delete
  2. Had Katherine gone later in the night, she would have had the perfect 30.. pisses me off. That dance was perfect

    ReplyDelete