Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Champions of Dancing with the Stars Are..

...further down the page.

As a reminder the points going into tonight's finale were Hines/Kym
59, Chelsea/Mark 59 an Kirstie/Maks 54.

The finale was two hours long and was preceeded by an encore
performance of last night's show that my son insisted on watching so,
believe it or not, I'm a little Bergeron-ed out!

Here are some observations:

- I wish Mike Catherwood had stayed around longer - he would have been fun!
- I particularly like Chris Jericho and Romeo
- those hidden microphones are a fantastic invention - they actually
add reality to a show that's "reality" in name only.
- it's not a good idea to crowd-design a dance. Although it was nice
to see those soccer ladies that call themselves the GoGos.
- the couples all got thirties for their final performances which
meant Kirstie wasn't as far behind as after two dances
- Chelsea and Mark finished third. I liked them both and as a couple
but I just can't shake the feeling there was favoritism involved.
- Kirstie and Maks were second. Amazing performances from someone her
age and (at least initially) size
- therefore Hines and Kym were crowned champions as expected. I don't
think Hines had a bad week and just kept getting better!

Not the best season but an enjoyable one nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment